Monday, November 14, 2011

owen's first birthday stats

AGE:

1 year old today

HAIR:

still short and strawberry blonde, but we're working on growing it out

EYES:

shaped just like his dad's and dark brown

HEIGHT/WEIGHT:

we'll get that info at our 12 month appointment on Wednesday

TEETH:

5 1/2

FAVORITE TOYS:

mega blocks, stuffed puppy, walk and wagon, scooper car, books

WORDS HE CAN SAY:

"puppy"
"daddy"
"mama"
"baby"

MODES OF TRANSPORTATION:

he's a big walking boy now and can even stand up on his own without holding onto something. he also loves going on walks in his stroller.

FAVORITE ACTIVITIES:

1. eating
2. playing with daddy
3. talking
4. walking

PLAYMATES:

mason
chris
wex
logan
billy
eden
savannah
judah

10 THINGS MOMMY LOVES ABOUT ME:

1. Owen is the most cheerful kid I've ever met. He's very easy going and happy all the time. Nothing can make me as happy as I am when I'm playing with Owen. He's most happy when the people around him are happy, too.

2. I've never met a kid who loves food as much as he does! He could eat all day, make himself sick, and still want to eat more.

3. He is so funny! He loves to make us laugh.

4. Those huge cheeks! There is nothing more kissable in the world.

5. He is so curious. He'll concentrate so hard to figure something out.

6. Owen is so smart! If I show him something once, maybe twice, he'll pick it up right away. I showed him how to put a ball in the elephant toy's trunk once and he took the ball out and put it right back in. Nothing gets past this kid.

7. He is a BEAUTIFUL boy! I know I'm a little biased, but he really is so handsome. Just looking at him can put a smile on my face.

8. I love how he is always making noise. He loves to hear himself talk. Its still mostly gibberish, but hearing those cute noises he makes while he's playing or when he's excited make my whole day.

9. He is so good with naps and bed time. He goes to sleep so easily for mommy and daddy. We might have to go in once to give him his pacifier and lay him back down, but that is the extent of it and then he's down for the night.

10. I love how excited Owen gets when he sees his daddy. He starts squealing and all but runs to Mitch to play with him. The smile on Owen's face is the biggest I've ever seen it when daddy comes home from school.

1 comment: