Saturday, October 8, 2011

there is cuteness all around

The theme of the day is "cute."

We had an awesome Relief Society activity Thursday where we decorated mini Books of Mormon to give as gifts or to keep for ourselves! They're to go along with a challenge that our ward RS gave us to read the whole BoM by the end of the year (which I am completely dedicated to accomplishing. :0D ) We used scrapbook supplies and covered them with contact paper so they'll stay in good condition. I have always been slightly creatively challenged, but even I've got to admit that they turned out kinda cute.


I think I'm keeping the red and blue one for myself and I'm going to give the green one to Owen when he's old enough to appreciate it and not rip it to pieces one page at a time. :0)

Something that made my night even better is when Wex came over. She works at an elementary school in the Chinese immersion program where they had a book fair recently. She found this children's book called I Am Small about a baby penguin and decided she had to get it for Owen (Btw, Wex is O's Chinese Godmother.) I gotta say, I'm SO glad she got us this book.


As you can see, I wasn't kidding. It is THE cutest thing ever! The story line, the illustrations, everything! Seriously, if you haven't seen this book, buy it, borrow it, steal it, GET IT! Its absolutely adorable. (Disclaimer: I don't actually support stealing. Make an attempt to use one of the first two methods before you resort to thievery.)

I've decided to learn to recognize and appreciate all the little cute things around me. There are so many, especially with a kid like Owen around. ;0)

1 comment:

  1. Those turned out so cute! Wish I could have been at the rs activity!!

    ReplyDelete