Wednesday, October 5, 2011

book club- the help

Tonight was the first of many incredibly cultural meetings of the book club I'm in. Okay, maybe they're not "incredibly" cultural, but I do feel extremely proud that I spent a night discussing the social views and relationships discussed in The Help rather than watching all the latest episodes of my favorite shows. Now, I know, The Help is a big trend right now and everyone is reading it/ watching the movie, but from someone who has both read and watched it, it really is an inspiring and enjoyable story. Sometimes there is a reason "everybody is reading it" rather than just being a popular.

The group of girls we have is so much fun! Having such different personalities is so beneficial cause we get all points of views and opinions. I'm so bummed that I forgot to get some pictures of the group. Don't worry though- you'll definitely see some next time.

I tried some new recipes tonight for our book club. I borrowed my mother-in-law's Apple Cider recipe (which is to die for!) and I made Mini Brie and Apple Quiches. Apple and Brie cheese in a little crust- sounds good right? Not my favorite. I think its cause I'm a texture person. If its the least bit gooey, I have a really hard time with it, even if the flavors are incredible. But at least I tried something new and the girls seemed to like it, so I feel pretty accomplished!

So there you have it! My week is shaping up to be pretty incredible and productive, despite the sickness that is plaguing my family. Keep those prayers coming- I don't want to lose this streak now! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment