Tuesday, September 27, 2011

forgotten blessings

So it has been a significant amount of time since I posted on my blog. Truthfully, I think it is because I feel like my life right now is pretty uneventful. I tend to watch a lot of television. Its sort of my coping mechanism. See, if I'm completely absorbed in tv, then I'm not stressing about all the dishes on my counter or the piles of clean laundry that need to be folded on my loveseat. And I'm not worrying about money or food stamps or job openings. Its actually extremely effective. But today, I've been catching up on my friend's blog. She has the amazing opportunity to travel the world with her church praying and ministering and truly living. I envy her. I wish so strongly that I could travel the world and help and learn first hand of different cultures and people. I covet the life she is leading.



I realized something after regretting certain life choices and beating myself up over this mundane life I lead: I am so blessed! With all that I have, how dare I consider my life mundane! How dare I regret that paths that my life has taken! I am surrounded by people who love me and, more importantly, I have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life! How is it that I forget this so easily? How is it that I am not running down the street sharing this with everyone I run into? How is it that I am not elated and excited about this every minute of every day? How am I not sharing this with my friends and neighbors every opportunity that I have? I am so lucky to have the Gospel in my life, why would I not want other people to be as lucky as I am?

So today I made a decision. I'm going to make my life eventful. Not "travel-the-world" eventful, but eventful enough that I don't covet what others have. Enough so that I look forward to the day ahead. Eventful enough so that I allow others to have the same knowledge I have of my Savior Jesus Christ and all the blessings He has afforded us. Eventful enough so that I am a happier wife for my husband, mother to my child and friend to those I surround myself with. After all, life is what you make it and I am done being a couch-potato mama.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you've realized that, and you know that you have what really makes one happy. Trips and traveling the world will come, but the opportunity to raise a family and spend time with your husband is worth more than traveling the world a billion times. Also, wouldn't you rather travel it with Mitch when you guys have money and can do it together? I'm so excited for the opportunity I have to go on all my life adventures with Jo. I'm glad I have already found my soul mate and don't have to worry about if I will ever get married. Also, there are tons of things to do in Utah that are fun, and Owen's starting to get to the age where he'll appreciate it. Get outside as much as possible now, because there is nothing babies love more than a happy mama and being outside. I sure love you and hope I get to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete