Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Virginia is for lovers

This post is a long time coming. Sorry about the delay! One resolution of mine is to try to keep up with this blogging thing. We'll see how well that works out. This was written 10/14/10.

I had the opportunity to travel to VA one last time before the baby comes this past weekend. I'm so glad I got to go! I flew out Wednesday night with my mom's mom and sister and my dad's mom and sister. Our flight was delayed 3 hours and we had HORRENDOUS turbulence at the start of our flight. I've never been nervous for my life on a plane until this very moment, but it passed and we got there safely at about 3 am. We were able to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday Friday night. It was a total surprise, mostly because his birthday isn't for another couple weeks. Its not actually until Halloween, but we celebrated it early so everyone could be there. It was so nice to see all of our family friends show their love and support for my dad and our family. He really is an inspirational man and a WONDERFUL father and I'm so grateful to have him in my life. It was a total 60's themed party so we were all dressed in our best hippie gear. We had a caricature artist at the party that my dad has been friends with for a long time who made a wonderful poster for my dad to keep to remember the party and all his family who was there. Here it is:


The party was a huge success! The reason we celebrated his birthday early was because our family had all flown out for my sister's sealing. She was sealed to her husband and baby son, Mason, the following day. It was an amazing experience. I wasn't able to go into the temple with them, but just being there and seeing how happy the experience made them made me excited for when my husband and I get sealed next month. I love my sister so much and am so proud of her and the decisions she is making. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment