Saturday, September 4, 2010

My Pregnancy: Week 29


I took my glucose test yesterday and, I've gotta say, it was not my favorite experience in the world. They used the same vein in my arm for all 4 times and the glucose drink was even worse than last time! Instead of a semi-tolerable wannabe orange soda drink, it was lemon-lime and AWFUL! 100 grams of glucose. I was surprised it took til the last sip for me to gag. blech! It wasn't all bad, though; my sweet husband was there with me holding my hand for the whole thing and we watched reruns of Fantasy Factory to make the time go faster. He is so supportive and I am so grateful for him in my life. Anyway, I should get the results early this week sometime and I'll let everyone know when I find out. Thanks for all your love and support! Here is what babycenter.com says this week:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment