Friday, January 22, 2010

yay for birthdays!

Yesterday was my awesome 21st birthday! I was really worried about it cause this was the first away from home, but my husband is even MORE amazing than I thought and I had one of the best days of my life. :0)

We slept in, which is one of my favorite activities of all time, then went out to lunch at Guru's in Provo. Guru's = THE coolest restaurant around! If you've never been there, you need to go right now and try their Napa Valley Waldorf Salad. AMAZING!! If you don't go sample the food, AT LEAST check out their website. www.guruscafe.com The decorations are very eclectic and boho and their philosophy about all the elements around us and enlightenment is very cool. I even went back today and filled out a job application. It would be so fun to work there! Wish me luck!


Anyway, back to my birthday. After lunch, Mitch took me to Walmart, forced me to sit in the cart and we rode around grabbing everything that was on my list! It was the sweetest, cutest thing ever. I got a paint set, crayons, colored pencils and a HUGE pad of paper. He also got a couple expansion packs for my Sims game. I'm absolutely OBSESSED with Sims. Even though it was my birthday, we got him a little present, too. He loves our new Wii, but the only games we have are the Sports and Wii Fit, so we picked up the new Marios Bros game for him! After that, we went by Petsmart and bought the newest addition to our family, Squirm! I let Mitch pick him out and name him since I was in charge of the details of our last one. He's bright blue and VERY chill. We like him. ><)))'>


We spent my birthday night with the Wakefields. We got pizza and sparkling cider and had a very little, chill party over at their pad... right before we went and got a GOLD'S GYM PASS for ME! Who woulda thunk that I would have a gym membership? haha Mitch and I relaxed in the steam room and hot tub for a bit. Perfect way to end the night. :0)

AnyWHO, the amazing Ashley Waka is throwing me a b-day party tonight so I need to go clean my house and get ready! I'm so grateful for all the birthday wishes! Thank you SOOO much!!! It really made my birthday with all the texts and calls and fbook comments. Y'all are the best! <3

2 comments:

  1. KENS! i loved this post. i'm so happy you had such a good birthday and am glad it can be extended to a two-day event. im glad your new family member wont chew as much stuff up as the last. i like squishy (s)he is cuuuute. see you tonight lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH and im REALLY excited youre gona be my gym buddy.

    ReplyDelete