Friday, January 15, 2010

Reader's Digest

Here's the deal with my wedding post- I can't figure out for the life of me how to put pictures on it! So thats on hold for the time being. If you have any suggestions, PLEASE let me know.

Anyway, a lot has happened between the events of that post and now. Mitch and I went on our honeymoon and we had our open house and Thanksgiving in Virginia and we moved into the new condo and we got a dog and we had Christmas in Idaho and we celebrated the New Year with the Wakefields and gave the dog to Mitch's cousins. I wasn't lying when I said "a lot." I'll just give a little reader's digest of each event.

Our honeymoon was amazing! We went on a 4 day cruise to Catalina Island and Ensenada. We LOVED the free, unlimited ice cream and that our bed was made twice a day with little towel animals on it! The weather was beautiful and the whole trip gave us exactly what we wanted from it- a chill, relaxing time away from stresses and responsibilities. We bought a beautiful, authentic Mexican vase in Ensenada which now sits proudly on our counter as a reminder of our wonderful time.

We got back from our honeymoon and, one week later, flew to Virginia! Since we got married in California, all of Mitch's family and friends were able to bring us presents and money, but we didn't want MY side to miss out on such an opportunity! It was SO much fun. My mom did an outstanding job of decorating the house and preparing a chocolate buffet and chocolate fountain for all to enjoy. It was a lot less formal than the reception in California, so we were able to mingle a lot more and partake of the delectable spread. The night ended with Mitchell sticking my foot in the fountain and licking the chocolate off my big toe- we were completely sober, I promise. :0)

Thanksgiving was perfect. I spent the whole day with my mom in the kitchen preparing for the feast that night. As always, my mom's sister, Alanna, and her family joined us. Most of my mother's family lives in Utah, with the exception of this one sister, so its really a blessing that they live close enough to join us for all major holidays and birthdays. All the standard parts of the meal were prepared- turkey, french pie, Granny Ann rolls, Stove Top stuffing, mashed potatoes, and cheese ball, with a few new additions. It was really great to spend time on the East Coast with my family for a whole week with no worries.

We moved into the new condo right after we got back from VA. Mitch's parents were sweet enough to buy this place and let us rent it from them. We're really grateful to them for their help and support. Its really nice to have our OWN place! Between the honeymoon and VA, we lived in my grandparents basement. Where we love them and really appreciate them letting us stay there, its nice to be able to decorate and be responsible for our own space.

One of Mitch's presents this Christmas time was a puppy! He was so darling. He is 3/4 black lab and 1/4 heeler with big, GORGEOUS navy blue eyes. Where he was adorable, he was also a huge pain in the butt! We kept him for about a week before we decided our situation wasn't fair to him. We don't have a yard for him to expel all of his energy and, once I start hair school next month, he would have been stuck in his crate for the large majority of the day. Mitch's cousin, Danee, and her family heard of our situation and were more than happy to take him off of our hands, so last Wednesday, we drove to the middle of Nevada to meet Mitch's parents to hand off the dog. I was bawling for about 45 minutes after we said goodbye. It was a really hard thing for me to do, but in the end, it was best for all of us.

Before we gave the dog away, we traveled with him up to Idaho to spend Christmas with Mitch's sister, Sally, and her family. They have three of the most adorable kids I have ever seen! We spent the holiday having a BLAST with them and then Mitch's parents and his brother, Roger, and his family joined us the day after Christmas. We had so much fun hanging out and spending time with them. It was pretty hard on me this Christmas since it was my first away from home, but the Cook family made it so much fun that I hardly even thought about it! We went sledding the morning before we left and I haven't had that much fun in a long time. It was really an awesome Christmas.

About a week later, we spent a very relaxed New Years Eve with the Wakefields. We had dinner at our house that Ashley brought and was SO GOOD and then... we couldn't think of anything to do! We ended back at the Waka residence and played a couple games of Apples to Apples til TV conveniently replayed the ball dropping in New York for all of us a couple hours behind (I like to refer to "TV" as its own person. Don't judge me.) Of course, Mitchell and I smooched at midnight! woot!

Well, I think you're all caught up! Now, lets see if I can actually keep up with this thing from now on. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment