Wednesday, October 14, 2009

the beginning


So here we go. Never done a blog before and I'm not too sure how to go about this, so I've decided to go about this MY way. I guess we'll have to wait and see what exactly that will result in.

The name of this blog is really special to me. I remember being back in photojournalism class junior year of high school with Kacie Lynn and we wanted so badly to name the lit mag "rhapsody," but our advisor felt it was too suggestive . We argued for about 30 minutes before me and Kacie realized there was no winning. We later used the name for our show choir, but that's not really the point.

The point is that "rhapsody" means more than "a state of elated bliss; ecstasy." It is "an ecstatic expression of feeling or enthusiasm", "a literary work written in an impassioned or exalted style", "an unusually intense or irregular poem or piece of prose." I have a feeling that if you read ANYTHING from me, it will more than likely cover "ecstatic", "impassioned", and definitely "irregular." I try, everyday, to live my life with enthusiasm and intensity. Lets face it, if I don't, there's really no reason to be living.

Lets decide, for now, that that is the premise of my blog- to prove that everyday deserves to be lived with intensity and enthusiasm. However you decide to utilize that is up to you. :0)


(all quotes taken from dictionary.com. heehee)

No comments:

Post a Comment